At Wize, we have an important mission. Together, we’re building a positive place where players thrive in creativity and competition. A place where every player can expect decency and respect. A place where we connect, build, and compete together.
Because of this mission, we created The Code of Thieves. It’s the flag bearer’s code of ethics. It’s the principles that guide how we relate to our friends in competition and collaboration. It’s the rules to which all players must agree.
- First, we believe that life is valuable and that everyone is created purposefully. So we treat each other like we expect to be treated. We show everyone respect.
- We believe there’s no separating Minecraft life from real life. It’s all IRL. The choices we make in Minecraft, the things we chat, have real life consequences. Real smiles. Real pain. The “skins” we meet in Minecraft are not emotionless avatars to be bullied, but real people to be encouraged.
- We are only against each other as reds and blues in a game. We are here for each other as people. As players, we may knock each other down, but as people, we pick each other back up. Good sportsmanship is expected from everyone.
- Because our esteem is not forged in kills and wins in a block game, but in our unique identity and impact as purposeful individuals, we can be exactly who we are—and play—exactly as we are. There’s no need to gain an unfair advantage or to try to be something other than our best selves. Fair play is fun.
- We believe planet Earth is no place for hatred, discouragement, trolling, insults, explicit or abusive language, racism, discrimination, self-harm, excessive arguments on religion or politics, or any topics that may contribute to a negative or harmful environment. If you must do these things, consider inhabiting Mars.
- Wize is no place for any topic that may be considered too mature for young players, such as sexuality, drugs or alcohol, violence or terrorism.
- We believe a bully hurts first. But bullying has painful consequences and is not tolerated.
- We believe it’s our job at Wize to create a community that players choose to support and enjoy. We do not punish players for talking about or posting IPs of other servers. Plus, we know we aren’t the only super cool place in the blockosphere.
- However, we do not allow links to websites or other online content to be posted in chat.
- We believe players deserve privacy. Personal information should not be shared without a player’s permission. Account information should not be shared.
A few other things that you won’t find on a good thief’s bucket list:
- Bypassing our chat filter
- Map Shaming, i.e., “this map is trash” Give feedback instead.
- Server Shaming, i.e., “Wc is garb!” Give feedback instead.
- Spam, chat flooding
- Impersonating staff (including using staff skins)
- Advertising (though we don’t mind you mentioning servers)
- Phishing or scamming
- Inappropriate links (We don’t allow linking to web content)
- Lacking empathy
Finally, we think it’s sad that friendliness seems so uncool on most Minecraft servers. We believe Wize will change that. At Wize, you can enjoy the freedom to be encouraging, to be positive, to be confident in who you are, without the social pressure to sink into the toxic spooge. In fact, we love you for who you are! It’s okay to care about others. When someone insults you, it’s okay if you don’t have a dagger of a reply. It’s okay to say ‘gg’ when you lose. We’re building a place where decency, fairness and goodness are the rule, not the exception.